Requisition Number 12-0278
Post Date 9/30/2013
Title Field Service Technician
Field Service Technician
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
As one of the largest North American Distributors, Cummins Rocky Mountain is the exclusive distributor of Cummins Engine and Cummins Power Generation products for the Rocky Mountain, Intermountain and Southwest region. Our service locations cover 9 states including Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Nevada, Texas, Utah and Wyoming. We have 14 full service locations for both engine and power generation, 5 satellite service locations, 3 Cummins Technical Training Centers, and 1 High Horsepower Master Remanufacturing Center. Cummins Rocky Mountain also has service locations in Mexico supporting certain mining properties. We are headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado.
The Diesel Engine Technician has safety, customer satisfaction, and business responsibilities within branch operations. The person in this role is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, diagnosing and providing quality repairs of diesel engines.
- Know and follow all Company and customer safety rules, including maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly work area, and fully participate in Company accident prevention and safety improvement activities.
Maintain adequate personal tooling to perform assigned tasks.
Respond to all customer requests courteously and professionally, in a timely and responsive manner.
- Maintain a clean, professional personal appearance at all times, meeting all Company standards for professional appearance.
Advise the Service Supervisor of parts needed for necessary repairs.
Document detailed, complete and legible descriptions of all repair operations performed, using required all forms and procedures.
- Accurately record time, expenses, and mileage.
Demonstrate a positive attitude and a high level of personal credibility and integrity with dealers, customers, management, and co-workers.
Maintain company and product confidentiality.
- Attend and participate in all meetings, trainings, and activities as required.
- Stay apprised of new techniques relevant to the work being performed; achieve and maintain technical competency.
- Adhere to all Company policies and departmental procedures and rules.
All other duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED is required.
- A 2-year technical training program completion, or completion of a 3 year apprenticeship, is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience is required working on diesel engines.
- This position involves frequent customer contact throughout the process of initiating, troubleshooting and completing repairs of diesel equipment.
- A detailed knowledge of engines is a must as well as a demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting and repair of equipment using standard safety procedures.
- Prefer Cummins ISX & N14 certification.
- Quickserve experience
- A minimum of 2 years of customer service/contact is required.
- Must have a basic set of industrial tools, including but not limited to industrial hand tools, air tools up to ¾ inch, torque wrenches, and multi-meters.
- Must demonstrate technical knowledge of gas and diesel engines, and auxiliary support equipment.
- Must demonstrate troubleshooting and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to follow Company procedures and standard operating procedures.
- Must be honest, reliable, and dependable, and have a positive attitude.
- Must be able to work well under occasional pressure or within deadlines.
- Must be able to work well independently or with others in a team environment.
Must have a record of good attendance and performance at prior jobs.
Candidate must meet all eligibility requirements to drive a Company Service vehicle, including but not limited to:
Must have a current, valid driver's license issued by the state in which they reside.
- Must have current motor vehicle liability insurance.
- No convictions for any driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs charges (DUI) within prior 5 years.
- No greater than three (3) moving violations within prior 12 month period.
- No greater than 2 avoidable accidents on MVR within prior 3 years.
- Candidate must be able to pass pre-employment drug testing and meet all physical requirements for the position.
- If selected, candidates must consider this position as primary employment and hold no other jobs with this
Company s competitors, customers, or suppliers.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds frequently; pushing and pulling a maximum force of 50#.
- Must have the physical ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Protective Glasses, Protective Gloves, and Protective Footwear as required.
Cummins Rocky Mountain LLC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, veteran status, genetic information, national origin, disability or any other status protected by state or local law. It is Cummins Rocky Mountain's intention that all qualified applicants are given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Cummins Rocky Mountain validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins Rocky Mountain will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Send This Job to a Friend
HomeEnginesPower GenerationServicePartsCareersLocationsNewsAbout UsContact UsSitemapPrivacy